I am recovered bread addict. It’s not that there is anything wrong with loving bread. I was having too much of it made from refined grain. I would have upto 8 slices a day. Don’t believe me? Read my story here. So when I embarked on my weight loss journey I completely cut out bread from my diet. I did miss it bad! I was a girl on a mission, and not even my love for a buttery toast would make me jump ship.
Now that I am almost at my target weight, I am slowly reintroducing the healthy kind of bread back to my diet. Since I had never tried baking my own bread before, the Brood selection of their spelt or rye breads became my go to. The breads are not gluten free but they are whole grain and low sugar.
To embark on my bread making journey I wanted a simple recipe to start with. Flat deflated failed baking expeditions really do a number on me so I wanted to start of easy breezy! Nothing says easy than throwing a bunch of ingredients in your blender, pour in your loaf tin and voila 35 minutes later you have bread! That is exactly what this recipe is all about somebody say hurray!
It is a very filling bread thanks to the generous addition of flax meal. Flax meal is the ground up form of flax meal that is very high in fiber and omega 3 good fats. Flax seeds are also very high in lignan, a type of plant oestrogen and antioxidants. I also added a very good dose of my favorite oil, coconut oil. Talk about a fueling bread with all those good fats. You can be sure there are no spiked and dips in blood sugar with this one, but rather a slow energy release to sustain for those morning activities.
Gluten Free Blender Bread
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup tapioca or arrowroot flour/starch
- 1/2 cup flax meal
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, solid not melted
- 4 medium eggs
- 1/4 cup water, room temperature
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 180c. Prepare a standard bread pan by oiling then dusting with some flour or with parchment paper.
- Step 2 In a blender or food processor, combine all of the ingredients for the bread.
- Step 3 Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake on 180c for 35 minutes until golden on top.
- Step 4 Recipe Notes
- Step 5 Serve with your favorite organic jam, cashew or peanut butter or make a yummy sandwich! I made a delicious avo toast and had some with loquat jam. It was divine!!