I love breakfast! I get asked how come I post a lot more breakfast ideas that any other foods? For me I believe when you start your day right, it sets the tone for the rest of the day. Start your day with fueling foods, you have sustained energy for your morning activities. Take energy depleting processed foods for breakfast and you are bound to have a slow groggy day.
And the fact that breakfast is my favorite meal of the day! 🤗😍. I honestly think the best restaurant have all day breakfast menus. How can you have it any other way! Many times breakfast menus don’t disappoints and many times usually cheaper than the main course (hehe thank me later!).
One the one thing you need to do to make sure you have a good breakfast is plan. Shuffling through the cupboards and rummaging through the fridge in the morning flurry will not make you an amazing breakfast. It takes meal planning, grocery shopping to make sure you are well stocked and a few make ahead meals. Like this key lime overnight oats recipe. Tarty, creamy and delicious! It will feel like eating a key lime pie in the morning only that this one is loaded with goodness- vitamin c, antioxidants, omega 3, phytonutrients and the list goes on!
Key Lime Pie Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond milk (cow milk if not dairy free)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 tsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp organic stevia (less if you want it less sweet)
- zest and juice on one large lime
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Step 1 Combine all the ingredients in your glass overnight jar and stir well. Cover the jar and leave in the fridge overnight.
- Step 2 In the morning, fluff the oats a little bit and enjoy straight out of the jar warm or cold. (I like mine warm so i place my jar in a bowl of hot water or heat in the microwave for 30 seconds on high).