By now you must have guessed correctly. I love overnight oats! The versatility of this breakfast makes it one of my favorite because you can create any flavor you love!
Pumpkin pie flavor is so good I had to put up the recipe! So warming on a dull October morning, and will energize for a busy day!
I got creative with the pumpkin pie spice, but it is not readily available I managed to mix small portions of cinnamon, nutmeg, clove and ginger. So don’t let not having pumpkin pie spice readily available stop you! This breakfast is so worth it!
Pumpkin pie overnight oats
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt or kefir
- 1/4 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Toppings: pumpkin seeds, chopped nuts such as cashew
- Step 1 Mix together the rolled oats, milk, yogurt, organic pumpkin puree, chia seeds, pure maple syrup, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and stir to combine.
- Step 2 Seal the container (mason jars work great) or cover with plastic wrap.
- Step 3 Place in fridge for 4-6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Step 4 Overnight oats can be eaten cold or reheated in microwave for 1-2 minutes if you prefer it heated.
- Step 5 When you’re ready to eat, just top with pumpkin seeds, nuts and cinnamon.